CHICA-Canada 2011 National Education Conference
Leadership in Action: Innovation, Inspiration, Influence
May 28th-June 2nd, 2011
In the decade since CHICA-Canada last held a national education conference in Toronto, the Infection Prevention and Control profession has seen monumental change. Emerging organisms presented new obstacles; re-emerging organisms returned as a concern. With these challenges a national awareness has emerged regarding the value of infection prevention and control and the dedication of its professional practitioners. The development of new healthcare and communication technologies have continued to influence clinical practice. Education became even more important to keep Infection Prevention and Control Professionals (ICPs) at the highest level of competence.
In addition to these challenges, ICPs are expected to be leaders. They are expected to use innovation to develop programs, educate and communicate. They are expected to influence and inspire their colleagues, other healthcare workers and the public in the prevention and control of infections. They are expected to be Leaders in Action.
The objectives for the 2011 conference are:
1. To provide an educational forum to share ideas and practice techniques, and discuss problem
scenarios and resolutions with peers;
2. To encourage and support both novice and more experienced ICPs;
3. To provide tools to assist ICPs to elevate the standard of practice;
4. To provide ICPs with enhanced knowledge to educate, lead, inspire, mentor, champion and
collaborate within their healthcare setting;
5. To showcase CHICA-Canada as a preeminent source of Infection Prevention and Control expertise
The language of the conference is English.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of
Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This activity was
approved by the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine. (Approval pending.)